According to the Map of Bookstores in Spain (report presented by CEGAL), there are positive data despite the difficult situation in this COVID-19 period. It seems that the market is doing well, the data reflect stability and resilience. Between 2019 and 2021, 45 bookstores opened in Spain and 41 closed.Lee mas
We have come to the village of Alins (Pallars Sobirà) in the Pyrenees of Lleida to discover a bookstore in the forest or rather, the forest in a bookstore: NaturaLlibres. NaturaLlibres is not just any bookshop. As its name suggests, nature is present in all its offerings, but in addition, the entire establishment seems invaded by the forest that surrounds it. A decoration according to its environment, which together with the calm attention of its owner, Meritxell Álvarez, makes us not feel any threshold when crossing its doors: we continue breathing the aromas of wood and stone and the leisurely murmur of the forest. At the end of the Farrera Valley, the village of Alins welcomes us, and we have gone there to chat, buy some books and take a walk.Lee mas
The book sector is closing the best year of the last decade. The challenges facing the sector are to broaden the reader base and improve the work of certain bookstores to make bibliodiversity a reality.
In Publishnews we have chosen some peripheral and independent bookstores that carry out very important work for bibliodiversity.
- España llega a la Feria del Libro de Calcuta 2023 como país invitado de honor
- La I Feria Internacional del Libro de Chennai debuta con éxito
- La BNE incorpora fondos valorados en 800 mil euros en 2022
- El MITECO presenta un manual de buenas prácticas para fomentar la edición ecológica
- Abierto el plazo de inscripción al concurso Mejor Póster IFLA 2023